Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Chunky Newsboy (Cap, that is....)



I finally finished the Chunky Newsboy Cap I started a while a go. I had problems with the gauge, and I have a small head, so significant modifications had to be made.  Plus, as usual, I also used different yarn than called for, so I guess I'm a glutton for punishment!
  
 I finally fixed it by using smaller hooks, and then I added some embellishment:  a crochet flower and one of my favorite brooches (click here for closeup) that I don't wear much.  I think it turned out pretty cute after all the trouble it caused me!  
 Next, I practiced my knitting, using a pattern from Jill over at Wool's Happenin'.  Not sure my counting on my rows was exactly accurate, but no major mistakes, and I made my first "pattern."  Tonight I start a baby hat class at Magpie's Cottage.  We will be working on circular needles and also double points, so I think I have my work cut out for me!  
 And lastly, my husband gave me the best gift for Valentine's Day!  Now maybe I'll finally finish The Pillars of the Earth that I started over a year ago, but it was such a heavy book I never wanted to take it with me!  It was so heavy I couldn't even hold it up to read in bed!  Problem is solved with my new Kindle.
Now what can I get myself into next?

Stay tuned.

The Real Housewife of Sheboygan County

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails