Pages

Friday, February 5, 2010

Hot Biscuits for Lunch

I have been thinking a lot about biscuits this week since reading this post over at www.browniesfordinner.com.  It's hard to find a good biscuit up North, and I spent so many years in the South that biscuits were taken for granted.  You could get a decent biscuit at a drive-thru--Chik-fil-A Chick-n Biscuit, anyone?  A southern girl's favorite breakfast!

So, when I read that post, I immediately went to her source recipe over at the Homesick Texan's blog. The recipe is very easy and requires few ingredients.
I did have to run out for buttermilk, but was happy to see that they had the pints!  These biscuits took about 30 minutes, and that includes clean-up and 12 minutes of baking time.  Here are mine right out of the oven:
Mine didn't turn out as "high" as I thought they might, but I do think I may have rolled them a little thin, as I ended up with 17 biscuits and the recipe says 10-12.  The more the merrier, right?  I think I'll freeze a few for later!
I eat mine with butter & honey!  My brother eats his with butter and a HUGE pile of grape jelly.  How do you eat yours?

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kristi- That picture with the butter melting on the biscuits- um YUM.
    I'd either eat it warm with melted butter or I'd make some sort of a sandwich with it.

    I left you an link award on my blog tonight. So glad I found your blog thru Diane's workshop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, good grief! You have certainly internalized our blogging course with CraftyPod!

    http://www.craftypod.com/

    Delicious photos! I love baking bisquits but I am going to try your recipe because I'm still searching for the "perfect" bisquit. In fact, I have weekend guests that I'm sure would love fresh bisquits.

    I make my own buttermilk by adding a tablespoon of white vinegar to each cup of milk (even skim milk) and letting it sit for at least 10 minutes. The milk thickens up and becomes sour. I think it works as well as regular buttermilk and I can bake whenever I want with no quick runs to the grocery store!

    Off to make some bisquits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kristi,
    I have a "to die for" recipe from my mum in law. It has creme of tartar )n it and grated cheese. It always turns out amazingly well(light and fluffy-. That is...if you are still in the biscuit mood, as these look awfully tasty too. Just let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I'll be right over. I take mine with butter and homemade strawberry jam. Thanks for your comment about my embroidery. I can recommend some really great books, with modern designs and tips, if you want. Just email me at:
    laura (@) katydid-designs.com. I can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails