Pages

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Winter Days:

I have been struggling with the shorter days, but a friend posted on Facebook this morning that in only 12 days and the days will start getting longer again!  Yee-haw!  Good thing I have switched to CFL bulbs in most lamps, as they seem to be on almost all day during the winter!

We had snow yesterday, but not as much as they predicted.  I enjoyed seeing the beautiful cardinals in the snow covered trees, and wish now that I would have bundled up to try to photograph.  I'm sure we will have many more snow days, so I can take advantage of the beauty then!  Winter days are great for working on projects, though.  I am crocheting a great neck wrap that will match the hat and fingerless gloves I just finished.  I finished a baby bib and hope to start on some sewing projects.  Last winter I didn't have as much to do, so was bored trying to adjust to not working, but this winter will be a whole different story!

Soup seems to be my favored go-to dish at this time of year.  I made a great potato soup the other night that was a big hit.  Of course, I used no recipe, so who knows if it will turn out the same the next time!  Kind of like my chili.  I love to cook and find comfort in chopping all the ingredients and doing the prep work.  Funny how things have changed.  It used to be that I wanted to get things done as quickly as possible, but now, whether it's sewing, crocheting or cooking, I take my time - rip out when necessary and start over.

I can't believe it's been a year since my retirement.  We are using the last of my frequent flier miles to go to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico in February - FIRST CLASS, I might add!  I will be 7 1/2 months pregnant, so will probably need the extra room!  I'm looking forward to it and the sunshine and fresh food.

I am reading the book Blogging for Bliss right now, and hope to get some hints on how to make my blog better and more robust.  I am so new at this, that I am lucky I can make a post!

Always Evolving,

The Real Housewife of Sheboygan County (or Shevegas, as the locals call it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails