Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I'm From Missouri - You'll Have to "Show Me"

"I'm from Missouri.  You'll have to Show Me."  I can't remember how many times I've said this throughout my lifetime.  My cousins used to have t-shirts with this saying, and proudly wore them on our trip to Disneyland around 1981.  I'm sure my mom has a photo somewhere, but I know I would embarrass the dickens out of them if I posted it!  

Being from Missouri is something I'm proud of.  So much so, that when I say I used to live in Kansas City, and folks say, "I've never been to Kansas,"  I always correct them.  

My daughter will not be from Missouri, but we recently took her on her first road trip there.  She did fantastic - all the hours in the car, and barely a peep.  It was a chance to meet her family:

Uncle Mark


Granny & Mary-Claire

I regret that we didn't get to see more people while we were there, but there just wasn't time this trip.  There are so many Missourians who are important to me, and I hope I get a chance to introduce her to everyone.  

We did get to see the most important person, and the main reason for the trip.  Granny.
Four Generations
It was fun to see my family, and I hope next time I can introduce Mary-Claire to all those other people who are important to me.  

I'll always be from Missouri, and I can't wait to "Show" Mary-Claire the rest of the Missourians who are imprinted in my heart.

The Real Housewife of Sheboygan County (but really from Missouri!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails