Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

No Recipe? No Problem

I am still participating in the Dinner On A Deadline project, and our homework for this week was to cook without a recipe.  Ten years ago this might have been a problem, but after taking a 14 week Basic Food Prep class at the local community college, I became much more comfortable in the kitchen.  Now I see ingredients as a starting place, instead of relying on a recipe for everything.  Yes, I still try recipes, but I don't fret if I don't have all the ingredients.  Sometimes, the best meals come from just winging it!  

Tonight I started with this:
Lettuce Leaf Basil from my herb garden
then found this in the pantry
Heated it up like this  (over low)
Deglazed with this
And ended up with this
Tasty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails