Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Dinner on a Deadline Project

I happened upon this post the other day, and it got me thinking about my recent dinner endeavors.  I am a person who finds a lot of satisfaction in cooking, however since I became pregnant last summer, and now that I have given birth, I have been slacking in my culinary duties.

Luckily, I have a husband who doesn't mind, but I do know how much he appreciates when I go the extra mile.  We tend to eat healthier, more balanced fare, and there is something to be said about knowing exactly how your food is prepared.  

So, upon reading the post from Married With Dinner, I decided to get back in the game, food wise.  It really doesn't take that long, so I have committed to taking the fish, pork, chicken, beef, or whatever else I might need out of the freezer at least three times per week and putting a healthy meal on the table.  It really doesn't take that long, and although it may not always be pretty, it's better than some of processed stuff we have been eating too much of.

Here was last night's meal, which was truly a hit with my family.  
We started with this:
Just a simple green salad with tomatoes, a sprinkling of parmesan and some Brianna's Blush Wine Vinaigrette, although I do make my own dressing frequently.

We proceeded to the main course
From Southern Living May issue - click here for the recipe
Very easy, and very tasty.  For some reason I tend to forget how easy pork can be to prepare, so it doesn't get into the rotation very often.
We rounded out the meal with just a smidge of leftover mashed potatoes & stuffing from the night before.
Finally, a simple fruit cup for dessert:  fresh pineapple ($2.79 at Costco!), strawberries, blackberries and some cut up Clementines.  

Project Dinner on a Deadline has begun!  
Hope you try it!

The Real Housewife of Sheboygan County

1 comment:

  1. wow, that's a great-looking dinner. I love the way you combined what you had on hand (pork from the freezer) with a few good purchased helpers (like the salad dressing). Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails