Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Bumper Crop

Last year I didn't get my first tomato until nearly the first of September.  This was quite a shock for me, coming from Missouri where the first tomatoes started ripening just after the Fourth of July.  This year, we had a warm Spring (well, for Wisconsin at least!), and I started getting my first tomatoes just after the first of August.
IMG_0800
Now, I'm up to my ears in tomatoes!  At least as far as a two person household is concerned (plus the Real Baby, of course!).  All this from just three plants.
IMG_0824
My favorite way to eat tomatoes - chopped up and drizzled with olive oil and white balsamic vinegar, plus a little sea salt & freshly ground pepper
IMG_0827
Makes a beautiful centerpiece, don't you think?

What's your favorite way to eat tomatoes? Do you grow your own? Next year, I'm trying heirlooms!

Hope you're having a great week!

The Real Housewife of Sheboygan County


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails